Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Grateful Thanksgiving


I absolutely love Thanksgiving. It is truly one of my favorite holidays. I love being with family, and preparing and eating yummy foods! This year I made 5 pies and a ton of rolls. Jonathon helped me make the crescent rolls. I guess it is sort of a tradition that I didn't realize we had until this year. He has loved helping to do this since he was young. Another tradition is the guys playing in the Turkey Bowl. It was very cold and snowy but they loved it. Talk about traditions, another thing we do is to go around the table and allow everyone to say what they are thankful for. It is always a sweet experience to hear all the grateful comments. We invited Jim and Louise Amrine to join us for dinner. Louise brought the mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegi platter and plastic plates! It was great not having all the dishes afterwards. We really missed Ami and Amanda's families.

2 comments:

Created Amiably said...

I missed being there!

Amanda said...

I wish that I had been able to be there. Holidays are never quite the same without your family! Looks like you guys had fun. I am sosososososo excited to see everyone at Christmas! The boys are excited too! Love you!