Monday, November 3, 2008

My Trip to Utah...

My mom was turning 70 years old (my dad, Jerry, was going to be celebrating his birthday a couple days later. I had never been to their new home they had built since they moved from Sunny California to Cedar City, Utah. So, I made a last minute decision to catch a flight out to Utah and surprise my mom and dad. My sister, Raelyn, helped me by coming to the airport in Las Vegas to pick me up. She sures does know how to keep a secret! When we got to their house, I ran into my mom's closet in her room. Mom and Dad were called into the room by Raelyn and I came out. I have never seen my mom's mouth open that wide before! She just stood there and held her mouth open in shock. Dad kept saying Oh My! Oh My Goodness! For Goodness Sakes...! while he was laughing... Mom hardly let go of me. It was the perfect surprise. I was able to be with Raelyn and Stephen as well. I went to the concert Raelyn sang at and met some of her friends and saw where she works. They took me to go see the 'Parade of Homes'. Other than that, I enjoyed trying to help organize, hang up , and fix up the rooms in the house. It was great fun. I sure wished Richard and the kids had been with me. Other than that, it was a great.

0 comments: