Monday, November 3, 2008

Kirtland, A Great Place to Visit, Especially in the Fall...


Richard and I were able to go to Kirtland for the CES Husband/Wife convention. This trip was not only a great experience, spiritually, but timely as well. I enjoyed being with my husband, just the two of us,...at the same time, learn and relearn about one of the most sacred places on earth. They call it the penecostal era of the church.

We were able to tour around the area and listen to great presentations at each spot. I enjoyed the presentation at the parish Sidney Rigdon preached at...I learned so much about him and what a great man he was. I really enjoyed the sessions at the Johnson Farm. After coming down from the 'revelation room' we went outside into the barn room where Br. Sid Sandstrom gave a great presentation on the tar and feathering of Br. Joseph and Sidney Rigdon. It was sad but very informative and inspiring to hear how the Lord was with them... Other presentations I enjoyed were the Morley Farm on the experience at the school house and on Emma.

The Community of Christ Church had rebuilt their Visitor's center next to the temple since i had been there. It was very nice. We were able to have dinner in one of the rooms that overlooks the temple. It was breathtaking! That same night we were priviledged to participate in a reenactment of the dedication of the Kirtland Temple. We sang the same hymns they sang and were told what happened step by step. The spirit was so strong. It was great.


The temple grounds were beautiful... The Pompom dahlia's were gorgeous. They looked a little like peonies from far off but were very much unique. The colors were vibrant. Take a look. I think they are some of my favorites now. I talked to the gardener and he told me some tricks to raising them. I am not so sure mine would look like these but I may give it a try next year.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

0 comments: