Monday, December 31, 2007

Fear, Frustration and Discouragement

FEAR is something I don't enjoy, so when something is scary, I stay away from it. I don't watch scary movies, I don't like to be in dark rooms by myself late at night...you get the picture.

Well, this blog has seemed sort of 'scary' to me. So I haven't done anything with it since Kim Walker first helped me start it. I think I was afraid I couldn't - shouldn't - wouldn't do something "write"...ha.

Then there is the FRUSTRATION factor as well. I typed out Richard's and my experience of going to Boston, MA. (hence - the minute man statue at the top...still haven't figured out how I did that!) Anyway, when I had finished, I went to check it. There was something I needed to change and when I clicked on to change it, I lost it all! It was completely gone!

This is when DISCOURAGEMENT took over. I felt I couldn't waist that much time for nothing.

So for all the reasons above (and more!), I stopped caring about my blog!

For some reason, today I decided to face my FEAR and try again. I have to say, it is coming along quite nicely and I may even venture to doing this more often.

I have learned an important lesson by writing on my blog...that sometimes we stunt our own growth by not wanting to face our fears because frustration and discouragement may be involved...but when we do, it can be so rewarding and much more enjoyable.

(After writing this out, I somehow stumbled upon my original post about Boston! It had been saved in an area I didn't know existed! I couldn't believe it! I felt so happy. Now you can read about our trip! And, I also figured out how to move the Minute Man statue to the blog it is supposed to be with! Blogging isn't so scarey after all!)

I'd like to share a few 'Thoughts for the Day':

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.-- Unknown.

Never fear shadows... they simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby.-- Unknown.

Who bravely dares must sometimes risk a fall.-- Tobias G. Smollett.




3 comments:

Nettie said...

I am glad you faced your fear, as well! One of the things I have loved about blogging is the opportunity it offers to get to know others better and build friendships, in a way that is often easier than our busy lives allow otherwise. I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog!

Emy5 said...

I got into the same frustrated state when I started, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. Looks like you already have!

Kim Walker said...

You're so inspiring. I'm so happy you figured out your blog and aren't frustrated with it anymore. It can be a very frustrating thing. I can't believe you found your first blog. That's hilarious. You're great, Kim.